The Site contains links to other web sites. Once you enter another web site (whether through an advertisement, service, or content link), be aware that Source ASEAN is not responsible for the privacy practices of these other sites. We encourage you to look for and review the privacy statements of each and every web site you visit through a link or advertisement on the Site.
I. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect two types of information about you when you visit our Site: personally identifiable information and non-personal, aggregate information (such as information regarding the pages on our Site that you have visited and your IP address).
(A) Personally Identifiable Information
â€śPersonally Identifiable Informationâ€ť is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, or company name. We collect and store the personal information that you have provided to us. Here are some examples of the ways in which we may collect your personal information on the Site:
- When you register on the Site, and in order for you to make use of the functionality of the site, you will be required to give some personal information to generate and maintain your account, such as your first and last name, company name, company operations, company product in information, company address, and company contact details.
- We may collect your e-mail address if you contact us with a question.
- We may collect your e-mail address if you sign up for an online newsletter.
- When you provide feedback regarding the Site, you will be asked for personally identifiable information, such as your name, e-mail address, and organization. This information will be stored on our Site and used to contact you in response to your feedback, for technical administration of the Site, and to implement improvements to the Site.
(B) Non-Personally Identifiable Information
â€śNon-Personally Identifiable Informationâ€ť can be technical information or it can be demographic information, such as your age, gender, or interests. Even if you do not register with Source ASEAN, we collect non-personally identifiable information about your use of the Site. Non-personally identifiable information does NOT identify you personally. For example, we may conduct research on our usersâ€™ demographics, interests, and behavior based on the information provided to us upon registration, from our server log files, or from surveys. We do this to better understand and serve you. This research is compiled and analyzed on an aggregated basis.
We also may collect non-personally identifiable information from you in order to customize your experience, fulfill your requests for information, and improve our services.
- To keep count of return visits to our site.
- To accumulate and report anonymous, aggregate, statistical information on the Site.
- To send you information that you have agreed to receive about topics that are of interest to you.
- To determine how well each page performs overall based on aggregate user demographics and traffic patterns to such pages.
- To determine which feature Source ASEANâ€™s overall user population prefers best.
We may provide this non-personally identifiable information to third parties. For example, we might inform third parties about the number of users of our Site and the activities they conduct while on the Site. We also may provide trusted partners with general information regarding our users and visitors.
Finally, Source ASEAN may combine any public information you provide in any of the public areas on the Site with non-personally identifiable information to create aggregate data. This information may also be disclosed to third parties. Aggregate data does not contain any information that could be used to contact you or identify you personally.
II. Use and Disclosure of Personally Identifiable and Non-Personally Identifiable Information
(A) Personally Identifiable Information
We may share or disclose your personal information in the following instances:
- To fulfill a service to you. We may use your personally identifiable information to contact you about products that we believe may be of interest to you. We may also use your personally identifiable information to send you newsletters, if requested by you.
- To unaffiliated third-party service providers, agents or independent contractors who help us maintain our Site and provide other administrative services to us (including, but not limited to, order processing and fulfillment, providing customer service, maintaining and analyzing data, and sending customer communications on our behalf.
- To comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or property or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our end users.
- To third parties as part of any corporate reorganization process including, but not limited to, mergers, acquisitions, or sales of all or substantially all of our assets.
- To track and analyze non-identifying and aggregate usage and volume statistical information from our visitors and customers and provide such information to third parties.
- To protect against potential fraud, we may verify with third parties the information collected from this Site. In the course of such verification, we may receive personally identifiable information about you from such services.
- To handle any physical or other type of threat made to you or others, to protect property or to defend or assert legal rights.
(B) Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Non-personally identifiable information is used as described in Section I(B) and in other ways as permitted by applicable laws, including combining non-personally identifiable information with personally identifiable information.
III. Username and Password
Certain parts of the Site will require you to register and obtain a password in order to enjoy the services offered on the applicable pages of the Site. When you try to access features of the Site that require registration, you will be prompted to input your username and password information. If you forget your password or username, you can click on the â€śForgot Passwordâ€ť link on the login form to obtain your registration information.
Source ASEAN advises those users who do not wish to provide any such data requested by our registration process to refrain from registering with us as Source ASEAN lets you view much of the content without registering.
IV. Suggestions to Source ASEAN
V. Public Areas of the Site
Certain places within the Site, such as forums, blog pages or other public areas, may allow users to post comments or communications that are publicly accessible and non-confidential. Any information shared, including personally identifiable information, in these public areas is not going to be maintained as private and will be accessible to the public.
Whatever information you display on such public forums can be read, copied, collected, or used by other individuals/third parties to send you unsolicited messages. Source ASEAN is not responsible for any information that you choose to disclose in these public areas.
VI. Children Under the Age of 13
Neither Source ASEAN nor any of its services are designed or intended for children under the age of 13. We do not collect personally identifiable information from any person we actually know is under the age of 13. If a child under the age of 13 submits personal information to Source ASEAN and Source ASEAN learns that such personal information is the information of a child under the age of 13, we will make every effort to delete the information as soon as possible.
VII. Links to Third Party Sites
VIII. Reporting Unsolicited E-mail
Source ASEAN will continue concerted efforts to prevent unsolicited (spam) e-mail from being relayed as Source ASEAN never sends unsolicited or spam e-mail. Source ASEAN considers spam to be violation of privacy and a misuse of the Internet in general. If you receive an unsolicited e-mail with a domain of Source ASEANâ€™s Site, please inform us immediately so that we can track down the offender and take any actions, legal or as is appropriate, to stop such spam messages.
IX. How Source ASEAN Handles Privacy and Security Internally
Source ASEAN strives to protect your personal information and privacy, but no data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, Source ASEAN will not guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or share with us online and cannot be responsible for any instances of identity theft, destruction or inadvertent disclosure of your personal information. Any information you transmit to us is done at your own risk.
Here are some of the other security procedures that Source ASEAN uses to protect your privacy:
- Requires both a personal username (log-in name) and a password in order for users to access their personally identifiable information.
- Uses firewalls to protect information held in our servers.
Whatever information is collected and stored with Source ASEAN brings with it special obligations and responsibilities. Source ASEAN will exercise utmost care and precaution to maintain the dataâ€™s integrity, security, and privacy. Source ASEAN will not sell or rent out such data.
X. Questions & Comments